Monday, June 4, 2007

34

Gday All

Another weekend over

It has been a long weekend here in the West with a public holiday for Foundation Day

Westrn Australia being settled in 1829

Another weekend of footy with the mighty Eagles winning again and mantaining top position

on the league ladder

Eagles footy jumper



The Corries Funny version of Scotland the Brave








How men should arrive home



A young lady with a touch of hay fever took
two handkerchiefs with her to the dinner party,
one in her purse and the spare she kept in her bosom.
At dinner she began rummaging in her bosom
for the fresh handkerchief,
but it stubbornly refused to be found.
To left and to right she searched:
until she realised suddenly that conversation around
her had ceased and everyone was
watching her in fascination.
Flustered, she murmured,
"I know I had two when I came."
[borrowed from Big Shot Bob in Texas]


"Dear Lord,"
the preacher began with arms extended
and a rapturous look on his upturned face,
"without you we are but dust..."
He would have continued,
but at that moment one very obedient little girl
(who was listening carefully)
leaned over to her mother
and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice,
"Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?
Church was pretty much over at this point


"At one time in my life,
I thought I had a handle on
the meaning of the word "service."
"The act of doing things for other people.
"Then I heard these terms:

Internal Revenue Service

Postal ServiceTelephone Service
Civil ServiceCity
/Community Public Service
Customer Service
Service Stations

And I became confused about the word "service."

This is not what I thought "service" meant.
Then today, I overheard two farmers talking,
and one said he had hired a bull
to "service" a few of his cows.
BAM! It all came into perspective.
Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.



Mothers advice







This morning, on the way to work,
I rear-ended a car at some lights
whilst not really paying attention.
Anyway, the fellow driving got out.......
and he was a dwarf.
He said, "I'm not happy."
I said, "Well which one are you, then?"



Western Australia
The Pinnacles in Nambung national park


Wave Rock [near Hyden]


There are many versions of Amazing Grace
To me this one is by far the best
Judy Collins Amazing Grace














No comments: