Hot weather continues with those in South Australia sweltering this week
Extremely touching and thought provoking!!
I found this beautiful Aussie Summer poem
and thought it might be a comfort to you.
It was to me and it's very well written;
I hope you enjoy it because it's the best piece of English literature
I've seen in quite a while....
'An Aussie Summer ' a poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre
Stone the flamin crows mate!!
Its blooody hot mate
You're A Texan If...
1. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, Sabine, San Antonio, Burnet, Boerne, Nacogdoches, Mexia, Waco, Amarillo, and Waxahachie.
2. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
3. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
5. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
6. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
7. You measure distance in minutes.
8. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.
9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit
11. You know cow-pies are not made of beef.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.
13. You have known someone who has had a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.
15. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
16. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol; a Ford F350 4x4 is.
17. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressin'.
18. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
19. You actually understand this and you are "fixin' to" send it to your friends.
20. Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:
"You wanna coke?"
A couple of good old boys
Cat Fishing in the Mississippi
thanks to Steve Mulvaney
Two old guys were sitting in the park, talking, when the subject turned to getting older.
The first guy said “Women have all the luck when it comes to getting older.”
“What do you mean?” asked the second guy.
“Well,” replied the first. “I can barely remember the last time I got aroused in bed,
but my wife is healthier than ever!”
“Healthier? How is that?” his buddy wondered.
“Years ago, when we were younger, almost every night before bed she’d get these terrible headaches.” he answered.
“Now that we’re older, she hasn’t had a headache in years.”
Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch.
Upon leaving, the brunette tells her sister,
The brunette arrives at the man’s ranch, inspects the bull, and decides she wants to buy it.
The telegraph operator explains that he’ll be glad to help her,
After a few minutes of thinking, she nods and says,
The operator shakes his head
The brunette explains, “My sister’s blonde.
The Brunette team rode on the bottom of the bus,
The Brunette team down below really whooped it up,
She decided to go up and investigate.
When the Brunette reached the top, she found all the Blondes in fear,
the brunette asked, “What the heck’s going on up here?
We’re having a great time downstairs!”
One of the Blondes looked up at her, swallowed hard and whispered…
“YEAH, BUT YOU’VE GOT A DRIVER!?!”
“Ach, it’s all going grand,” says Hamish.
Dougal nods approvingly.
“Heavens, I’ve even bought a kilt to be married in!” continues Hamish.
“A kilt?” exclaims Dougal.
“Och,” says Hamish,
I'll make you happy
Come and See her