Tuesday, April 17, 2007

9

G'day and welcome to blog no 9

English is a hard language !!
English has to be one of the hardest languages to understand.

Read the paragraph below

and try to understand the meaning.
"Two individuals proceeded towards the apex

of a natural geologic protuberance.

The purpose of their expedition being the

procurement of a sample of Fluid hydride

of oxygen in a large vessel,

the exact size of which was unspecified.
One member of the team precipitously descended,

sustaining severe damage to the upper

cranial portion of his anatomical structure;

subsequently the second member of the team

performed a self rotational translation oriented in

the same direction taken by the first team member."
In plain English what does this translate to?


Jack and Jill went up the hill

To fetch a pail of water

Jack fell down and broke his crown

And Jill came tumbling after!

------------------

A guy walks into a bar and approaches the barman.

"Can I have a pint of Less, please?" he asks.

"I'm sorry, sir," the barman says looking slightly puzzled,

"I've not come across that one. Is it a spirit?""

I've no idea," says the guy.

"The thing is my doctor told me last week, that I should drink Less."








There was once a young man who, in his youth,
professed his desire to become a great writer.
When asked to define "great" he said,

"I want to write stuff that the whole world will read,
stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level,
stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"
He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.











It was a busy morning, approximately 8.30 am,
when an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived
to have stitches removed from his thumb.
He stated he was in a hurry
as he had an appointment at 9.00 am.
I took his vital signs and had him take a seat,
knowing it would be over an hour
before someone would be able to see him.
I saw him looking at his watch and decided,
since I was not busy with another patient,
I would evaluate his wound.
On exam it was well healed,
so I talked to one of the doctors,
and got the needed supplies to remove
his sutures and redress his wound.
While taking care of his wound,
we began to engage in conversation.
I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment
this morning as he was in such a hurry.
The gentleman told me no,
he needed to go to the nursing home
to eat breakfast with his wife.
I then inquired as to her health.
He told me that she had been there for awhile,
and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.
As we talked, and I finished dressing his wound,
I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late.
He replied that she no longer knew who he was,
that she had not recognized him in five years now.
I was surprised, and asked him,
"And you still go every morning,
even though she doesn't know who you are ?
"He smiled as he patted my hand and said,
"She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."




taken out of thw window of the 4WD on
the Gibb River Road
As promised
The Zimmers My Generation






No comments: